Skip to main content

Positivity

Note to self: always surround yourself with positivity.

Being home from Haiti for almost a month is a little challenging. I at times find myself missing it so much that i can't even be by myself, because my thoughts take over and then it's down hill from there. But what keeps me going on is the thought that God will bring me to that place once again. I have hope in that. Also what keeps me going, is remember God's goodness and His promises. He isn't done with me yet, and there are greater thing have yet to come (yes i am quoting Chris Tomlin.)
Surrounding myself with positivity, makes me see all the things i should be grateful for, all the blessings. Even the smallest miracles that we are blind to, we really should be more observant. When I am in my sad mode I don't notice these things, i tend to slip into "my world" where it's all about me, and how much I miss Haiti, how much I need to feel needed by the children. But its not about me is it? nope.
Staying positive made me realize its all about the Cross, its all about showing love to the kids, it's all about loving people. not about me and how sad i am that i am not in Haiti.

God has definitely been revealing to me that working with orphans or young kids in general is my ministry. For some reason whenever I see a young child, it brings a smile to my face and it warms my heart. It's really amazing! this summer my focus is to stay focused on my focus. Love God and Love people. the top two of my priorities.

Stay positive, trust God even when it seems like an impossible task, run to Him. Seeing His little miracles, recognizing His blessings...ahhhh....just excites me and gives me hope.

Simplicity and positivity.

Come on people! =D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm not proverbs thirty one

Have you ever read Proverbs 31? 

It describes a woman who is intimidating to me, yet I aspire to be. If you ever have time, read the chapter, if not, I'll break it down for you. In this chapter King Lemuel meaning "devoted to God" wrote a passage that was almost a perfect description of his mother, some say he was inspired by her wisdom. His mother, Bathsheba made her wisdom very evident when she was basically telling her son "not to fall into the trap of immorality, chasing after women will sap a king's strength. (Proverbs 31:3) I can only draw my own assumptions that Lemuel was inspired by that saying and wrote up a whole chapter based on what a woman of virtue should look like. I won't quote the chapter in this blog, although I must have read it three or four times tonight, and had it basically memorized at some point in high school, however I'll attempt to simplify with my such minuscule concoction of words.  

So, what is a Proverbs 31 woman? 
She is tr…

and the dust on my feet

From LAX to Dubai to Entebbe- here walking around in my beloved red dirt Uganda. Nothing seemed real until that plane brought me to this country. The plane wheels hit the ground and the tears started to roll down my cheeks. 

For so long, I have been so angry at God for giving this love for the nations, and then not opening any doors. Only to realize, that I needed growth, I needed to turn to Him fully, only to understand that He needed me somewhere else at the time. As I looked out the window through my teary eyes, I heard Him say "See, I got you back here." I felt a sense of relief, I felt as if this was what I needed from Him, to finally feel Him. 

Stepping out of the plane, the instant smell of Uganda hit my senses and my heart began to race. Feeling all sorts of emotions, I took my first step onto Uganda. My heart was full with joy. 

Getting all thirty of our checked in bags was already a challenge, patience was much needed. Sweat dripping down my neck, hunger in my tummy, …

shattered pieces of my heart

"break my heart for what breaks yours.." 

A song we sing at church. Are we crazy to sing a song that literally asks God to break our hearts for what breaks His? 

I've been on a lot of trips before, visiting the poverty, seeing the starving eyes, and holding the sickest of babies. Each trip opens my eyes more and more, and breaks my heart even on a greater scale. 

Today was a hard day for me. So many times during the day I wanted to burst into tears, I felt helpless, I felt and overwhelming wave of so much heartbreak, I think I actually heard my heart shatter to pieces. 

During worship, having a baby tied to my back the Ugandan style, I stood in front of the crowd and watched these kids barefoot, dirty clothes, teared t-shirts jump up and down praising God. In my mind I think "what do you have to praise them for?" Then Janet's words resonated "If you're alive, that is a reason in itself to be praising God." I had tears rolling down my face as I clo…