Skip to main content

you live&you grow

"Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different..."-CS Lewis
Well well, 2011 is coming to an end. Did you follow through all the new years resolutions you made in the beginning of the year? if you ask me, I'd tell you HECK NO! i actually don't even think i made them, because my goals change, people change and grow up...so the resolutions change every month!

I haven't written a blog in a while now, so much has happened so many lessons were learned. I think this year i've grown the most spiritually then any other year. I went to Haiti, which was definitely a HIGHLIGHT of my year. My heart is still there, Im physically here, doing what God is telling me to do, but my heart is in Haiti for sure. I've learned to have hope in the Lord like never before, I've learned not to depend on people, because they will for sure dissapoint you, fail you, hurt you, and surprise you. I also learned to never hold grudges, to just move on with life. when all that happens to you, you can't dwell on it, never. Accept the suprises in life, accept peoples failures-just from that point on love them more then you have ever before, but don't trust them and depend on them.
I've learned that my only security is in God, He's consistant with His feelings towards me, its never a guessing game with Him-Psalm 139 <3
God's been working on my patience, He's been teaching me how to want the things that are good for me. He's been convicting me, encouraging me, and most of all every day He has been saving me from myself.

So now, that we're 2 days away from saying goodbye to 2011, look inside your heart, what has changed? what is different about yourself? also look at the people that surround you...love them even more next year!


"The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal with, but wether it is the same problem you had last year"-John Foster Dulles

see you guys =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm not proverbs thirty one

Have you ever read Proverbs 31? 

It describes a woman who is intimidating to me, yet I aspire to be. If you ever have time, read the chapter, if not, I'll break it down for you. In this chapter King Lemuel meaning "devoted to God" wrote a passage that was almost a perfect description of his mother, some say he was inspired by her wisdom. His mother, Bathsheba made her wisdom very evident when she was basically telling her son "not to fall into the trap of immorality, chasing after women will sap a king's strength. (Proverbs 31:3) I can only draw my own assumptions that Lemuel was inspired by that saying and wrote up a whole chapter based on what a woman of virtue should look like. I won't quote the chapter in this blog, although I must have read it three or four times tonight, and had it basically memorized at some point in high school, however I'll attempt to simplify with my such minuscule concoction of words.  

So, what is a Proverbs 31 woman? 
She is tr…

It's real

Depression- the word is either used too much or not enough. 

Upon hearing that someone may be depressed, some just look the other way as if it's not real, as if it's a trend or not as bad as the guy next door. Some may treat it with medication, therapy, and may even suggest medidation. 

I heard a statistic from 2013, that 437 children die from cancer, that is one too many, and 4,600 individuals ages 10-24 will take their own lives. I am one hundred percent positive the numbers have increased since, sadly. So. Are we judging too quickly when some one may be depressed? Are we shrugging it off as if it's not a thing. Let me tell you something...

Unless you have mentally experienced the battles a depressed person fights- you have no say. Unless you have felt your own heart beat fasten it's pace because your lungs are trying to grasp for air due to heavy tear flow that became silent- you can not point fingers. Unless you felt the utter darkness that surrounds the mind and the …

what is seen is temporary

the phrase I have tattooed on my forearm states "this too shall pass..." 

lately I'm realizing that the phrase holds multiple meanings. this. what is "this" is it eluding to? here's my faulty conclusion...

this. any state of emotion, life situations, adversities, joys, sadness, pains, tragedies...this will pass. so that leads to this- whatever joys we experience, they will soon pass, what ever pains we experience, they will also pass, the most painful "this too shall pass" includes the connections we make, the relationships we spend our time building, the people...they pass. They pass right out of our lives. You can look at someone and physically see them, all the while realizing the person they were before has "passed", the essence of their being was taken along with their "passing." 

"this too shall pass." 


As contradicting as it is, the permanent tattoo on my forearm indicates how temporary things are in this life. 

Upo…