Skip to main content

a belated Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone! Haha of course a little late but hey better late than never right?

What do you want this year to be about?- good question.
Plans. hmm. never really liked the idea of plans. I mean who am I to plan out my life when the God of the universe, the Creator of all that I am, already has every moment of my life planned out. why should I "plan"? no. goals? yes, I will make them, I don't need to plan in order to achieve them. I simply need to look for an opprotunity, grab on to it, and move along. My goal is to go to Haiti in June, I am praying very very hard for God to open doors, but I can never plan it because God might have a different idea of how I get there or if I even get there at all. I can have that as my goal, and leave the planning up to God. Lately He has been showing me that that's the best way to do it.

Even with relationships. I am 20 years old, and the last "real" relationship I had was 4 years ago or so. Ever since, I haven't met anyone who I would like to get to know more than a friend. I mean my heart is saying "come on!!!" but my mind is saying "God knows best, His timing is perfect and there is no rush!" I like listening to my mind better! haha But for reals, why is it that our generation/society pressures young women to be involved with someone? Just today I went to a party and the top 3 questions were "what school are you going to?" "what is your major?"and "do you have a boyfriend?" Really? I just don't get it. Girls my age, have so much growing up to do. At twenty years old, we are still trying to figure out life, would having a "boyfriend" ease it up? NO! I mean some girls can definitely do it no problem, and good for them! But for those of us who don't have them, we shouldn't feel the need to. They say its in Jr High you're trying to figure out who you are and what you believe in, and in High School you are growing in your faith. no! for me, in jr high i goofed off, high school- i screwd around and college is when i began trully growing up. Right now, if i were to date, I would be so stressed! Church, school, work, family, friends and then a boyfriend! Heck no! I guess im just tired of being pressured to have a boyfriend. half of it is my own heart pressuring and half of it is the world. Im just sick of it...only makes me want to go more against it.

This year my goal is to be SO intune with God that the rest of the world would just shut down, I want to be SO tangled in His will for my life. I want to have His desires in my heart, so therefore in whatever I do it would glorify Him! I don't know what to get busy planning my next move, I want to live my next move! I want Him to be the center of all of my decisions, and I want His will done in my life. I want to be a woman on a mission to do one thing and one thing only-it is to bring glory to my Savior!

I want to reevaluate the relationships around me. What are they doing for my walk with God? or what am I doing for them? are we just two souls having a "good time?" no. what a waste of time that is. I want all of my relationships to have a meaning, a purpose. if you're just wasting my time, you better believe it we're done. Im done just going about life, and just existing. Living apart from this world while in it is what i want to do. I want to be different. If it is to go to Haiti and care for the kids, let it be. if it is something else, then oh God just show me. Single? yes, Im willing to be, as long as You're with me! <----that just rhymed! was not planned! lol

So what will you be doing this year?

Happy New Year everyone! <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm not proverbs thirty one

Have you ever read Proverbs 31? 

It describes a woman who is intimidating to me, yet I aspire to be. If you ever have time, read the chapter, if not, I'll break it down for you. In this chapter King Lemuel meaning "devoted to God" wrote a passage that was almost a perfect description of his mother, some say he was inspired by her wisdom. His mother, Bathsheba made her wisdom very evident when she was basically telling her son "not to fall into the trap of immorality, chasing after women will sap a king's strength. (Proverbs 31:3) I can only draw my own assumptions that Lemuel was inspired by that saying and wrote up a whole chapter based on what a woman of virtue should look like. I won't quote the chapter in this blog, although I must have read it three or four times tonight, and had it basically memorized at some point in high school, however I'll attempt to simplify with my such minuscule concoction of words.  

So, what is a Proverbs 31 woman? 
She is tr…

and the dust on my feet

From LAX to Dubai to Entebbe- here walking around in my beloved red dirt Uganda. Nothing seemed real until that plane brought me to this country. The plane wheels hit the ground and the tears started to roll down my cheeks. 

For so long, I have been so angry at God for giving this love for the nations, and then not opening any doors. Only to realize, that I needed growth, I needed to turn to Him fully, only to understand that He needed me somewhere else at the time. As I looked out the window through my teary eyes, I heard Him say "See, I got you back here." I felt a sense of relief, I felt as if this was what I needed from Him, to finally feel Him. 

Stepping out of the plane, the instant smell of Uganda hit my senses and my heart began to race. Feeling all sorts of emotions, I took my first step onto Uganda. My heart was full with joy. 

Getting all thirty of our checked in bags was already a challenge, patience was much needed. Sweat dripping down my neck, hunger in my tummy, …

shattered pieces of my heart

"break my heart for what breaks yours.." 

A song we sing at church. Are we crazy to sing a song that literally asks God to break our hearts for what breaks His? 

I've been on a lot of trips before, visiting the poverty, seeing the starving eyes, and holding the sickest of babies. Each trip opens my eyes more and more, and breaks my heart even on a greater scale. 

Today was a hard day for me. So many times during the day I wanted to burst into tears, I felt helpless, I felt and overwhelming wave of so much heartbreak, I think I actually heard my heart shatter to pieces. 

During worship, having a baby tied to my back the Ugandan style, I stood in front of the crowd and watched these kids barefoot, dirty clothes, teared t-shirts jump up and down praising God. In my mind I think "what do you have to praise them for?" Then Janet's words resonated "If you're alive, that is a reason in itself to be praising God." I had tears rolling down my face as I clo…