Skip to main content

babbling and rambling

what will you do this year? who will you become? which version of you will you chose to show others? 

each year, we proclaim a new self, we make resolutions, we commit to being better, and honestly guys, it never lasts long. its rather silly. 

of course I'm excited for the new year, however what stopped us from being the better us last year, a day ago? why do we as a people do that to ourselves, it's almost as if we give ourselves a free ticket to screw up and be whoever we want to be and act however we want to act, and soon as its a different four digit date, we think all that is forgotten and we start over. No. 

the heartaches of last year still haunt us. The mistakes we made last year we are still paying consequences for. The joy we experienced in the year of 2015 we still feel the outcome of it now. 

so with this new year, take all the experiences, take all the pain, take all heartbreaks and sad songs, and claim them as part of you, and learn. Learn to be stronger, don't just forget it all, throw it all away and say I'm starting new. No you are not starting new, you are continuing to evolve. What happened last year was your doing, your decisions, your mistakes, we don't have the right to treat those experiences so flippantly. 

with all that being said, you have a choice regardless. I, for instance, know exactly how I will continue to grow, I know exactly what steps I need to take to achieve my goals, my desires, and my passions. 

Make a list. draw a heart, and write anything and everything that fills it. the bad and the good. 

someone wise once asked me "what's in your heart?" meaning, who do you treasure, who are you as a personal. write it all down, with one thousand percent honestly. Let me tell you, its brutal. 

next, accept with good grace who you've been, breath it out, hold on to it, and step out in amazing faith towards growth. tell yourself that you will improve, tell yourself you will no longer put yourself certain positions that allow for compromise, or for shifting your ground. stay firm. 

make a list of all the things you want to do and actually fulfill it. advice though-make a realistic one so you don't set yourself up for failure. If you want to travel more, the do so, go. If you want to see your family more, by all means, actually I implore you, do so. Please please please, try something new. challenge yourself, step out of your comfort zone and do something extraordinary. 

happy new year guys, not to new beginnings, but to evolving into amazing versions of ourselves. Always hold on to life experiences, but please learn. See your heart as what it is and not what you want it to be, and make little alterations. 

to new year, old us, and growth. 

Love always, 
Another cliche blogger. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm not proverbs thirty one

Have you ever read Proverbs 31? 

It describes a woman who is intimidating to me, yet I aspire to be. If you ever have time, read the chapter, if not, I'll break it down for you. In this chapter King Lemuel meaning "devoted to God" wrote a passage that was almost a perfect description of his mother, some say he was inspired by her wisdom. His mother, Bathsheba made her wisdom very evident when she was basically telling her son "not to fall into the trap of immorality, chasing after women will sap a king's strength. (Proverbs 31:3) I can only draw my own assumptions that Lemuel was inspired by that saying and wrote up a whole chapter based on what a woman of virtue should look like. I won't quote the chapter in this blog, although I must have read it three or four times tonight, and had it basically memorized at some point in high school, however I'll attempt to simplify with my such minuscule concoction of words.  

So, what is a Proverbs 31 woman? 
She is tr…

It's real

Depression- the word is either used too much or not enough. 

Upon hearing that someone may be depressed, some just look the other way as if it's not real, as if it's a trend or not as bad as the guy next door. Some may treat it with medication, therapy, and may even suggest medidation. 

I heard a statistic from 2013, that 437 children die from cancer, that is one too many, and 4,600 individuals ages 10-24 will take their own lives. I am one hundred percent positive the numbers have increased since, sadly. So. Are we judging too quickly when some one may be depressed? Are we shrugging it off as if it's not a thing. Let me tell you something...

Unless you have mentally experienced the battles a depressed person fights- you have no say. Unless you have felt your own heart beat fasten it's pace because your lungs are trying to grasp for air due to heavy tear flow that became silent- you can not point fingers. Unless you felt the utter darkness that surrounds the mind and the …

what is seen is temporary

the phrase I have tattooed on my forearm states "this too shall pass..." 

lately I'm realizing that the phrase holds multiple meanings. this. what is "this" is it eluding to? here's my faulty conclusion...

this. any state of emotion, life situations, adversities, joys, sadness, pains, tragedies...this will pass. so that leads to this- whatever joys we experience, they will soon pass, what ever pains we experience, they will also pass, the most painful "this too shall pass" includes the connections we make, the relationships we spend our time building, the people...they pass. They pass right out of our lives. You can look at someone and physically see them, all the while realizing the person they were before has "passed", the essence of their being was taken along with their "passing." 

"this too shall pass." 


As contradicting as it is, the permanent tattoo on my forearm indicates how temporary things are in this life. 

Upo…