Skip to main content

May God break my heart so completely that the whole world falls in

I read a quote once, it stated "If you must leave, leave people better than you found them" or something along those lines. 

Through out life, we meet people, we let them into our lives, we reveal ourselves, we let them write our story. We make an impact one way or another. If we're lucky, and I mean really lucky, we get to keep those people in our lives, but sometimes that's not the case. 

Sometimes people come into our lives for the sole purpose of teaching us a lesson, or open our closed shut eyes to a new perspective, and when the job is done, it's time to go. 

I struggle with that at times. Why is it that we get to be a part of someone else's life for what it seems a split second, make an imprint and then it seems inevitable that we leave? Do we simply not allow ourselves to attach and in the duration of the friendship or whatever it may be we still show the love, mercy and compassion? Do we protect ourselves and guard our hearts while we teach others their self worth and make them see their potential? 

I've realized something in the past few weeks. What is my purpose? It has everything to do with fulfilling His calling. If I the only thing I do earth is make people better, then so be it, even at my expense. If I'm not meant to stay with the same group of people through life, so be it. If I was brought up with the ability to detach myself so easy solely because God will be moving from place to place, from meeting hearts of different faces, than so be it. 

What I also have learned, is that sometimes we overstay our welcome in peoples lives, we tend to force our presence in thinking we're doing a good deed, we need to learn when our time is up. I think God intended for people to travel through other people's lives so we can change and allow ourselves to evolve. 

I for one, know in my heart that I'm not meant to be in one place for long. God has giving me a passion for people, to love them, as to hurt with them, to be a part of their journey even if its for a short while. 

This post is rather short, but in order for me to accomplish what I need to on this earth I must write. 

So. If we must leave, make sure we leave people in a better place than when we found them, show them their worth. 

In the end, if I'm meant to stay broken over people, let it be so God holds together those who need to be complete, who need to fulfill their purpose in life. Mother Teresa said it beautifully, "May God break my heart so completely that the whole world falls in." No matter where you're at, or who you're with in this lifetime, or for a short time, let yourself be broken so that they may be whole. Make them better. 

With all my love for all of you, 
Nat. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm not proverbs thirty one

Have you ever read Proverbs 31? 

It describes a woman who is intimidating to me, yet I aspire to be. If you ever have time, read the chapter, if not, I'll break it down for you. In this chapter King Lemuel meaning "devoted to God" wrote a passage that was almost a perfect description of his mother, some say he was inspired by her wisdom. His mother, Bathsheba made her wisdom very evident when she was basically telling her son "not to fall into the trap of immorality, chasing after women will sap a king's strength. (Proverbs 31:3) I can only draw my own assumptions that Lemuel was inspired by that saying and wrote up a whole chapter based on what a woman of virtue should look like. I won't quote the chapter in this blog, although I must have read it three or four times tonight, and had it basically memorized at some point in high school, however I'll attempt to simplify with my such minuscule concoction of words.  

So, what is a Proverbs 31 woman? 
She is tr…

It's real

Depression- the word is either used too much or not enough. 

Upon hearing that someone may be depressed, some just look the other way as if it's not real, as if it's a trend or not as bad as the guy next door. Some may treat it with medication, therapy, and may even suggest medidation. 

I heard a statistic from 2013, that 437 children die from cancer, that is one too many, and 4,600 individuals ages 10-24 will take their own lives. I am one hundred percent positive the numbers have increased since, sadly. So. Are we judging too quickly when some one may be depressed? Are we shrugging it off as if it's not a thing. Let me tell you something...

Unless you have mentally experienced the battles a depressed person fights- you have no say. Unless you have felt your own heart beat fasten it's pace because your lungs are trying to grasp for air due to heavy tear flow that became silent- you can not point fingers. Unless you felt the utter darkness that surrounds the mind and the …

what is seen is temporary

the phrase I have tattooed on my forearm states "this too shall pass..." 

lately I'm realizing that the phrase holds multiple meanings. this. what is "this" is it eluding to? here's my faulty conclusion...

this. any state of emotion, life situations, adversities, joys, sadness, pains, tragedies...this will pass. so that leads to this- whatever joys we experience, they will soon pass, what ever pains we experience, they will also pass, the most painful "this too shall pass" includes the connections we make, the relationships we spend our time building, the people...they pass. They pass right out of our lives. You can look at someone and physically see them, all the while realizing the person they were before has "passed", the essence of their being was taken along with their "passing." 

"this too shall pass." 


As contradicting as it is, the permanent tattoo on my forearm indicates how temporary things are in this life. 

Upo…